Something that really bugs me about religion is that each religion says their book is the word of God, but they also tend to agree that God is unknowable and the wisdom of man is foolishness. Ironically, all the books that claim to be the word of God were written by men and are probably the best example in the world of the foolishness of men.
Even if we assume there is a God, and even if we assume that God is technically unknowable, there are still some common sense conclusions that any layman can come to about what God is not and what God would not do. For example, even though we can’t prove it, we can all agree that God is not a flying spaghetti monster, and God did not release Thetans that live in our bodies which cause us grief .
Any Jew, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu can agree with that without even having to check their holy book because it’s common sense. Well, since we’ve established that common sense is a reliable tool to determine what God is and is not, then let’s put a few religions to the test and see how likely it is that they represent the true word of God or merely represent the foolishness of man. Click on the link below. I promise it’s not a spam or virus site.
However you felt about this post, you’ll probably feel the same way about these:
The Bible is mythology
- A short summary of the Bible
- 10 scriptures that reveal Christianity is mythology
- 3 signs Christianity is mythology
- Disproving the Bible with sex
- A more realistic take on the 10 commandments
- Prophets and cognitive dissonance
- What is sin?
- Is God a lover or a fighter?
- 15 mind control techniques both churches and cults use
- Religion 101 final exam
- Questions Christians have to struggle with that non-believers can answer in three words
Christianity is bad for you and society
- How Christianity was largely responsible for The Holocaust
- 11 ways Christianity ruins society
- Why you should not respect religious beliefs
- 10 reasons the Bible will drive you insane
- 7 ways the Bible will make you an immoral person
- You can achieve the benefits of Christianity without believing in mythology
- Things Christians have to worry about the nonbelievers don’t
- The power of prayer
Churches and Christian Culture
- Christian billboards I wish Atheists would make
- 20 reasons I’m extremely hesitant to debate Christians
- 10 signs you should stop pretending to be a Christian
- Christians, you believe in science.
- It’s time to stop mutilating baby boys’ genitals
- 10 ways to be a better Christian witness on the internet
- Traditional Christian values are neither Christian or traditional
- It’s time to stop celebrating Easter
- It’s time to stop celebrating Christmas
- Ode to Chic-Fil-A’s Inequality Appreciation Day