Most of the political systems in the world are overrepresented by the aristocracy, and even within the aristocracy there’s an over-representation of sociopaths. The current political system is designed so that only wealthy sociopaths have a chance at winning major seats in the government. The solution to this problem is not a third party. The solution is hundreds of millions of parties and unaffiliated individuals. The nomination process needs to be based on merit, not money and charisma.
There’s a lot of reasons the world is being run by sociopathic aristocrats, but it really all begins with the political nomination system. That’s why I’ve come up with a 6 step nomination system that would do a better job at representing all of society more effectively. It will also do a better job at picking the most qualified candidates for political positions and not just the richest and most charismatic.
1. Allow anyone to apply for any political position.
2. In order for your application to be considered though, you have to meet specific qualifications, which are slightly different for each political position. You will need a doctorate degree in political theory for most high ranking positions. Other prerequisites are experience in lower levels of politics, no conflicts of interest, no criminal record for things like fraud, etc.
3. Require every candidate to take a job qualification and aptitude test for their application to be accepted.
4. Once you’ve passed these three steps you have to pass a security and mental health screening before being allowed to proceed. Each candidate will likely need to pay for these themselves.
5. However many people manage to get this far in the process will have to compete against their running mates in a “American Idol” or “The Apprentice” style show down. The public will be allowed to vote candidates out. There will be no campaigning and no campaign financing.
6. The voting process will be %100 transparent.
However you felt about this post, you’ll probably feel the same way about these:
- Why you should not have faith in your government
- Don’t ask what your country can do for you
- Problems we accept are part of life but don’t have to
- Voting never has and will never save America
- Americans, you’re not represented in the 2012 presidential election
- Things Obama won’t change in his next four years as president
- Why Obamacare made me face palm
- Corruption reform
- Stop talking about guns and start talking about poverty
- Conservative Americans, you don’t need to overthrow your government to make the world a better place.
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of Terrorism
- A Discussion about Osama Bin Laden’s life, death and what it means for the future
- 10 solutions to most of America’s problems
- 6 steps to change America
- 9 reasons foreigners look down on America
- America is a pc. Europe is a Mac
- My American Beauty-esque rant about life in America
- Why are Americans so violent and unhappy?
- The Big Conspiracy Theory
- Have a sane perception of conspiracy theories
- Don’t give conspiracy theorists your money
Police and the Law
- An intervention with the police
- Thoughts on police who beat up protesters
- My experience with the TSA
- Should police enforce unjust laws?
- The 28th amendment
- My theory on accountability laws
- Why prostitution should be legal
- Why gambling should be legal
- 8 reasons to legalize marijuana you’ve already heard
- Why stop with just making drugs illegal?
- The American burqa
- Borders are inhumane
Occupy Wall Street
- Predictions on the Occupy Wall St. Protest
- An American Expat Visits the “Occupy Auckland” protest: Part 1, Part 2
- The Issue of Race in the Occupy movement
- Why I’m not sure if we need another big Occupy Wall Street style protest