Easter is a holiday that honors a Jewish zombie rising from the dead after being brutally mutilated, and the way we celebrate this macabre event is by having children search for painted eggs that were hidden by a Pagan rabbit. None of that makes any sense.
Sanity is defined, “having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense.” There’s nothing sane about Easter, and when children see adults putting so much effort into doing insane things, it teaches children that insanity is the norm. That’s no way to go through life, but that’s how we raise children. We condition them to believe in and defend irrationality by raising them on irrationality.
Parents may defend telling their children outright lies by saying it’s all in good fun and that kids know the difference between fantasy and reality anyway. But why set up your children to have to spend a single minute of their childhood trying to figure out when their guardians are lying and when they’re telling the truth? Teaching your children to celebrate mythological holidays is a recipe for disaster that you went out of our way to create that you didn’t have to.
Please world, please stop celebrating Easter. I know it’s cozy and cute (aside from the human mutilation part), and there’s nothing wrong with getting together with your family and friends to eat BBQ while the kids eat candy. That’s great. That’s so great in fact that we should do it anyway without having to re-enact mythological events we don’t believe in. Life is short and hard enough without feeling socially pressured to go through pseudo religious holiday charades every year. If we all stop tuning into ridiculous holidays then someday we’ll shed them off our calendars, and we can just celebrate life for its own sake…on BBQ Day, a sensible holiday.
However you felt about this post, you’ll probably feel the same way about these:
The Bible is mythology
- A short summary of the Bible
- 10 scriptures that reveal Christianity is mythology
- 3 signs Christianity is mythology
- Disproving the Bible with sex
- A more realistic take on the 10 commandments
- Prophets and cognitive dissonance
- What is sin?
- Is God a lover or a fighter?
- 15 mind control techniques both churches and cults use
- Religion 101 final exam
- Questions Christians have to struggle with that non-believers can answer in three words
Christianity is bad for you and society
- How Christianity was largely responsible for The Holocaust
- 11 ways Christianity ruins society
- Why you should not respect religious beliefs
- 10 reasons the Bible will drive you insane
- 7 ways the Bible will make you an immoral person
- You can achieve the benefits of Christianity without believing in mythology
- Things Christians have to worry about the nonbelievers don’t
- The power of prayer
Churches and Christian Culture
- Christian billboards I wish Atheists would make
- 20 reasons I’m extremely hesitant to debate Christians
- 10 signs you should stop pretending to be a Christian
- Christians, you believe in science.
- It’s time to stop mutilating baby boys’ genitals
- 10 ways to be a better Christian witness on the internet
- Traditional Christian values are neither Christian or traditional
- It’s time to stop celebrating Easter
- It’s time to stop celebrating Christmas
- Ode to Chic-Fil-A’s Inequality Appreciation Day