It’s time to stop celebrating Christmas. It’s a ridiculous holiday, and it does more harm than good.
Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday that celebrated the winter solstice, but 300 years after Jesus’s death, the Roman Christian theocrats made up a lie that Jesus was born on the winter solstice to steal the appeal of the celebration and undermine their competition. It’s one mythology telling a lie to undermine another mythology.
In the 1920s marketers working for Coca~Cola invented the modern version of Santa Clause in order to coop the grandeur of Christmas from the Christians and use it to indoctrinate gross consumerism into children, which is a distinctly un-Christian and un-Pagan practice. So Christmas is a celebration of irresponsibility, lies and mythology.This holiday is an exercise in irrationality and a celebration of insanity.
Humanity is smart enough to lay this obsolete holiday to rest and move on. I suggest we replace Christmas with a new holiday called, “Just Help Someone Day.” You don’t kill a coniferous tree or spoil your children on Just Help Someone Day. You don’t dress up like a Pagan monster. You don’t put up lights or lawn decorations. You just go help somebody. The reason you celebrate Just Help Somebody Day is because it’s rational and empathetic. It’s what you should be doing anyway. If you simply must have presents and festive traditions then we could have Present Day, Hot Chocolate Day or Silly Hats Day. Let’s just celebrate life without pretending to believe in mythology and lies.
If we keep raising kids on absurd, irresponsible, anti-intellectual traditions they’ll keep living in a warped reality and acting accordingly foolish. If we get kids used to thinking critically and helping people, maybe they’ll retain those cultural practices into adulthood and pass them on to their kids. First we have to raise the bar and stop celebrating Christmas.
However you felt about this post, you’ll probably feel the same way about these:
The Bible is mythology
- A short summary of the Bible
- 10 scriptures that reveal Christianity is mythology
- 3 signs Christianity is mythology
- Disproving the Bible with sex
- A more realistic take on the 10 commandments
- Prophets and cognitive dissonance
- What is sin?
- Is God a lover or a fighter?
- 15 mind control techniques both churches and cults use
- Religion 101 final exam
- Questions Christians have to struggle with that non-believers can answer in three words
Christianity is bad for you and society
- How Christianity was largely responsible for The Holocaust
- 11 ways Christianity ruins society
- Why you should not respect religious beliefs
- 10 reasons the Bible will drive you insane
- 7 ways the Bible will make you an immoral person
- You can achieve the benefits of Christianity without believing in mythology
- Things Christians have to worry about the nonbelievers don’t
- The power of prayer
Churches and Christian Culture
- Christian billboards I wish Atheists would make
- 20 reasons I’m extremely hesitant to debate Christians
- 10 signs you should stop pretending to be a Christian
- Christians, you believe in science.
- It’s time to stop mutilating baby boys’ genitals
- 10 ways to be a better Christian witness on the internet
- Traditional Christian values are neither Christian or traditional
- It’s time to stop celebrating Easter
- It’s time to stop celebrating Christmas
- Ode to Chic-Fil-A’s Inequality Appreciation Day