1: Riding is an adrenaline rush.
Riding a motorcycle gives you the same thrill as surfing -harnessing the massive power of something outside of you and bending it to your will to launch you down the highway at 70 miles an hour. As a child, you probably stuck your hand out of a car window to feel the raw energy of the world surging past you. That was just a taste of what you experience on a motorcycle.
2: Riding places you an inch away from death.
Have you ever been rafting, skydiving, skiing or bungee jumping? Have you ever watched a horror movie, gone to a haunted house, looked in the mirror and said “Bloody Mary” three times, or done anything remotely scary or dangerous just to bring a thrill to your dull suburban life? Yes. Yes, you have, because nothing makes you feel more alive than being near death. Riding a motorcycle injects that experience straight into your veins.
3: Riding brings you closer to life than a car does.
Riding in a car is the same experience as sitting in your office or living room. It’s a temperature controlled, sterile, familiar environment, and it keeps you from experiencing anything different as you transition between one controlled, sterile, familiar environment to the other. Riding breaks that up a bit. When you ride you don’t pass through your environment unaware. You become a part of it and experience it.
4: Riding cuts you off from the bullshit.
Riding a motorcycle is like traveling through space. No one can call you. No one can get in your face. No one can reach you. It’s like you don’t exist. You’re outside the system, and you can go anywhere you want. As long as you’re on your bike, you’re free from everything.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- A biker looks at social conformity
- A biker looks at bad weather
- A biker looks at the road
- A biker makes a lot of beginner mistakes
My Tweets About Philosophy
The Meaning of Life
- How do you find purpose without knowing the meaning of life?
- My quest to find the meaning of life
- The value of life
- Reality is amazing
- It’s okay to be lost
- The cosmic perspective
- If life is a game, how do you win?
- Why you shouldn’t commit suicide
- The danger in telling people life has no meaning
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains The Meaning Of Life (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains If Man Is Inherently Good Or Evil (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains If everything happens for a reason (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains Free Will (Comic)
How to Think Like a Genius
- 8 steps to becoming a genius
- My quest to find enlightenment
- Your ability to think obligates you to
- Enlightenment through logic
- The map of everything
- My approach to thinking/problem solving
- 10 steps to winning an argument
- How to solve a problem with a team
- Creativity is logic, not magic.
- My two rules about rules
- What is wisdom?
- Wisdom I learned working in IT: Nothing is magical
- Wisdom I learned working in IT: Answers come from questions
- The relationship between sanity, reality, truth, religion, and science
- 11 ways mainstream academic philosophy has come to resemble religion
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains Philosophy (Comic)
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains How To Think (Comic)
Knowledge and Learning
- The value of knowledge
- Every grain of knowledge is valuable. Every grain of ignorance is destructive.
- Why you should have high intellectual standards
- We’ve never raised an entire generation of adults ever
- They’re giving away free superpowers on the internet
- The Alphabits analogy (Why it’s bad to be stupid)
- It’s not cool to be stupid
- How to become an expert at anything
- How to read for truth
- Recommended intelligent books and videos
- 10 ways people get dumber as they get older