This is very simple. The world sucks because people suck, and people suck because they’re stupid. If you want to save the world, the most obvious solution is free education. Once all human knowledge is completely free and accessible anywhere, anytime, then everything else will follow.
Who should pay for it? You. Everyone. If you live in the United States of America, then most of your federal income tax goes to bombing brown people. That money should be spent on giving you and everyone else free education. Any politician who doesn’t make that their number one priority is the barrier between us and utopia, but politicians choose to continue to use your money to fund an unnecessary and destructive weapons industry.
Since your elected leaders won’t spend your tax dollars to give you free education, then Hollywood should. Second only to religion, Hollywood has been the largest producer of stupidity in all of human history. The majority of all media content produced in Hollywood is stupid. It’s designed to appeal to the lowest common intellectual denominator. It’s brain candy, and most people in first world countries binge on brain candy most of the time they’re not at work or school, and it makes them stupid.
Hollywood owes the world free education to atone for the stupidity it has created. Who is your favorite celebrity? That person is a millionaire and has played a role in making you, your friends, your enemies and countless strangers dumber. Your favorite celebrity should pay to build a free online school that offers video classes on every subject broken down by topic.
If Hollywood won’t do it then the richest person in the world should pay for it. You know how you become the richest person in the world? You sell stuff, and you pay your workers as little as possible to produce something everyone needs and that is as cheap as possible to reproduce, and you sell it for as high a price as you can. Then you avoid paying as many taxes as possible by exploiting tax havens and loopholes.
The richest person in the world is the world’s biggest legal thief. The richest person in the world has ripped off more people than anyone else in the world. The richest person in the world owes the world a free school that offers instruction in every subject. The richest person in the world can afford to create that school and never have to sacrifice any luxury or necessity in their personal life ever.
If the richest person in the world won’t give the world free education then the smartest people should. MIT has already created a small, free online school. That’s great, but it doesn’t include elementary school lessons on the alphabet or downloadable video clips on how to build and launch a spaceship (yet). If MIT doesn’t have the money to give the world that scope of free education then MENSA should pay for it. If MENSA is so smart then the need to fund a free school should be obvious to them.
If high IQ societies won’t fund a free school then the KKK and other hate groups should. If you feel that another group of people are a burden on society then give them a free online school. Once everyone in the world has equal access to education then we can all be fully trained workers with self-actualized minds, and we’ll all be productive members of society. Plus smart people statistically have fewer children. What more could a hater want? Education is the final solution.
If haters won’t save the world, then religious groups should. Religions claim to want to help people and to not be greedy. Great. Sell all your temples and ridiculous outfits to pay for school. Or be a hypocrite and stand by and watch the world burn knowing that you have the power to save it but chose not to. Yes, the issue really is that black and white.
If religion won’t give the world free school then the people should give it to themselves. People on social networks should collaborate and fund it.
Until then stupid people will continue to destroy the world until there’s nothing left.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
Talk About Saving the World
- A grim letter from a Wise Sloth fan about the state of the world
- We need to talk about creating Utopia
- It’s time to stop guilt-tripping poor people into saving the environment
- Real life activism quest card deck template
- Occupy LOL Street: A For Anonymous (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Burden of Responsibility (Comic)
- Occupy LOL STret: The Constitutional Convention (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Guilded Age (Comic)
Be Better People
- Society won’t improve until you do
- 10 signs you’re a sheeple
- 10 reasons you’re surrounded by idiots
- The world won’t improve until you stop being a vidiot
- The world won’t get better until you stop being a consumer whore
- Why isn’t everyone trying to make the world a better place?
- Holding onto out cultures is holding the world back
- Where do heroes come from?
- 4 reasons terrorism doesn’t work and 4 alternatives that do
- Occupy LOL Street: The Butterfly Effect (Comic)
Build a Better World
- My 1-point plan on how to save the world
- Sustainable monasteries could solve poverty, pollution and refugee crises
- Concrete modular floating islands could solve poverty, pollution and refugee crises
- Dear Generation X, please build a better world
- Conservatives, stop talking about overthrowing the government
- Secular, intellectual monastery designs
- How to build a concrete houseboat or island
- Occupy LOL Street: A Brave New Village (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Freedom Flotilla (Comic)