After you see enough places you realize they’re all basically one and the same. Sure, the details change a little, but it’s the same place over and over again.
You also realize that no matter where you go, you’ll always take yourself with you.
This means that, far from being able to hide from your fears, weaknesses, regrets, etc.,
it’s what you bring with you that ultimately defines every place you go.
So when you finally put the kickstand down and let your pipes cool and the dust settle behind you…
And you look back on it all, you’ll see that ultimately the ride wasn’t about seeing new places. It was about getting to know yourself, overcoming your demons, and growing up…
Into the wisest, most original, most collected mother fucker on the road.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- A biker looks at social conformity
- A biker looks at bad weather
- A biker explains why we ride
- A biker makes a lot of beginner mistakes
My Tweets About Philosophy
The Meaning of Life
- How do you find purpose without knowing the meaning of life?
- My quest to find the meaning of life
- The value of life
- Reality is amazing
- It’s okay to be lost
- The cosmic perspective
- If life is a game, how do you win?
- Why you shouldn’t commit suicide
- The danger in telling people life has no meaning
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains The Meaning Of Life (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains If Man Is Inherently Good Or Evil (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains If everything happens for a reason (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains Free Will (Comic)
How to Think Like a Genius
- 8 steps to becoming a genius
- My quest to find enlightenment
- Your ability to think obligates you to
- Enlightenment through logic
- The map of everything
- My approach to thinking/problem solving
- 10 steps to winning an argument
- How to solve a problem with a team
- Creativity is logic, not magic.
- My two rules about rules
- What is wisdom?
- Wisdom I learned working in IT: Nothing is magical
- Wisdom I learned working in IT: Answers come from questions
- The relationship between sanity, reality, truth, religion, and science
- 11 ways mainstream academic philosophy has come to resemble religion
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains Philosophy (Comic)
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains How To Think (Comic)
Knowledge and Learning
- The value of knowledge
- Every grain of knowledge is valuable. Every grain of ignorance is destructive.
- Why you should have high intellectual standards
- We’ve never raised an entire generation of adults ever
- They’re giving away free superpowers on the internet
- The Alphabits analogy (Why it’s bad to be stupid)
- It’s not cool to be stupid
- How to become an expert at anything
- How to read for truth
- Recommended intelligent books and videos
- 10 ways people get dumber as they get older