Some days the weather is perfect, and it seems like the day was made for riding. On days like that, it’s almost immoral not to get out on the road and spend some time in the saddle. It’s as if life its-self were beckoning you to get out and embrace the things that lay ahead of you.
Then some days it rains. Some days the sky pisses on you so hard it makes you wonder if life has it in for you and wants you to know it. On those days the road is uninviting, but life doesn’t stop for you just because the road is in a bad way.
So what can you do? You adjust your speed and take precautions, but you keep going.
You knew these days would come when you signed up for the ride, and crying about it in the middle of it all won’t do any good anyway.
Just remember these three things to keep your ride in perspective:
1. Rainy roads lead to sunny roads.
2. The summer would not be so sweet were in not for the winter.
3. It’s all part of the ride.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- A biker looks at social conformity
- A biker looks at the road
- A biker explains why we ride
- A biker makes a lot of beginner mistakes
My Tweets About Philosophy
The Meaning of Life
- How do you find purpose without knowing the meaning of life?
- My quest to find the meaning of life
- The value of life
- Reality is amazing
- It’s okay to be lost
- The cosmic perspective
- If life is a game, how do you win?
- Why you shouldn’t commit suicide
- The danger in telling people life has no meaning
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains The Meaning Of Life (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains If Man Is Inherently Good Or Evil (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains If everything happens for a reason (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains Free Will (Comic)
How to Think Like a Genius
- 8 steps to becoming a genius
- My quest to find enlightenment
- Your ability to think obligates you to
- Enlightenment through logic
- The map of everything
- My approach to thinking/problem solving
- 10 steps to winning an argument
- How to solve a problem with a team
- Creativity is logic, not magic.
- My two rules about rules
- What is wisdom?
- Wisdom I learned working in IT: Nothing is magical
- Wisdom I learned working in IT: Answers come from questions
- The relationship between sanity, reality, truth, religion, and science
- 11 ways mainstream academic philosophy has come to resemble religion
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains Philosophy (Comic)
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains How To Think (Comic)
Knowledge and Learning
- The value of knowledge
- Every grain of knowledge is valuable. Every grain of ignorance is destructive.
- Why you should have high intellectual standards
- We’ve never raised an entire generation of adults ever
- They’re giving away free superpowers on the internet
- The Alphabits analogy (Why it’s bad to be stupid)
- It’s not cool to be stupid
- How to become an expert at anything
- How to read for truth
- Recommended intelligent books and videos
- 10 ways people get dumber as they get older