Here’s how the universe works. There’s cause and effect. One thing happens, and that effects another thing. That’s it. Now you hold the key to understanding and solving all the world’s problems. If there’s a problem going on in the world then there’s a real world solution that needs to be applied to the problem in order to fix it. In the real world staying at home and wishing for the problem to solve its self has only one effect: It allows the problem to persist because it takes people who are capable of solving problems out of the problem solving game.
Take me up on this challenge. Take your whole church up on this challenge. Every time you feel the urge to pray, go out and help someone. Give up praying for a month and go work in a homeless shelter instead. At the end of the month ask yourself which method really made the world a better place. Now imagine if everyone in the world stopped praying and went out and worked…and not just for a month but for the rest of their lives. There wouldn’t be a problem left in the world.
Even the Pope isn’t foolish enough to bet his life on his faith in prayer. When he asked himself the question, “How can I stop an assassin?” He didn’t turn to God. He turned to scientists and workers who did real world work and built a bullet proof Pope Mobile. Why didn’t the Pope just pray for God to protect him? Because prayer doesn’t work, but actual work does.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- Why do people believe life is meaningless, and what do you do with your life if that’s true?
- How can the universe and life exist without God? What’s the purpose?
- Do agnostics fear death?
- Do agnostics ask, “Why is God is so cruel?”
- An agnostic take on God
- An agnostic take on Pascal’s Wager
- An agnostic take on intelligent design
- This Was Your Life: The Agnostic (Comic)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains The Chicken And the Egg (Comic)
- Predictions on the New Atheist movement
- Are you a meta Atheists or pop Atheists?
- This Was Your Life: The Atheist (Comic)
- So you don’t believe in God. What do you do now?
- Should science be legally recognized as a religion?
- The non-believers’ 7 deadly sins
- The non-believers’ 10 “commandments”
- 9 reasons to be kind outside of religion
- You already have ethics without religion
- My secular theory on ethics
- Karma ghosts (My secular theory on Karma)
- An Old Man From Jersey Explains The Difference Between Right and Wrong (Comic)
The Bible is mythology
- How I became a Christian and then lost my faith
- You need to consider the possibility your religion is mythology
- The mythology test
- A short summary of the Bible
- 10 scriptures that show the Bible is mythology
- 3 Signs the Bible is mythology
- 46 Questions Christians have to struggle with that non-believers can answer in 4 words
- 4 questions every Christian needs to answer about Exodus 21
- A more realistic take on the 10 commandments
- What I think about Satan
- This Was Your Life: The Satanist (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: The Jew (Comic)
- And Old Man From Jersey Explains Religion (Comic)
Christianity is Harmful to Society
- Why you should not respect religious beliefs
- 10 ways the Bible ruins society
- 10 ways the Bible will drive you insane
- 7 ways the Bible will make you an immoral person
- 12 things Christians have to worry about the nonbelievers don’t
- 10 benefits of Christianity you can achieve without believing in mythology
- 3 Reasons Christianity was largely responsible for The Holocaust
- It’s time to stop mutilating baby boys’ genitals
- It’s time to stop celebrating Easter
- It’s time to stop celebrating Christmas
- Never Forget Chick-Fil-A’s Inequality Appreciation Day
- The Island of Mana: A Story About Colonialization (Comic)
Preaching, witnessing and arguing with Christians
- 21 reasons it’s impossible to argue with Christians
- 15 mind control techniques both churches and cults use
- Christian billboards I wish Atheists would make
- 10 ways to be a better Christian witness on the internet
- 10 signs you should stop pretending to be Christian
- Believing in Christianity is always absurd, but more so for certain ethnic groups
- American Christians, you don’t believe or practice what the Bible says about marriage
- Traditional Christian values are neither Christian or traditional
- Christians, you believe in science
- This Was Your Life: A Christian Woman (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: A Christian Man (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: The Puritan (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: Santa (Comic)
My Tweets About Religion
March 21st, 2020 at 2:40 pm
A fool will never fear God.
August 20th, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Attacking Christianity is not going to make you happy my friend.find what ails you instead of blaming God for it. It’s been done before.
July 17th, 2013 at 11:55 pm
Hey, I do agree with what you have to say and I know as well that Christianity is a fucking retarded myth.
But I care to spit this cuz you’re openminded and I know you will consider what I have to say:
I do pray a lot, and to me prayer is something completely different than religion and it works close to every time.
But I don’t pray to God, I pray to myself, or the universe which is basically the same thing.
I ask for little things that I want, and somehow things always work out. Like when I’ve had a really bad day or have felt very lonely, I pray about it at night for the next day to be better and the next day I’m fine, for real.
I’m aware that praying about worldpeace wont make worldpeace, so the fact that people should go out and do good things instead is a great idea^^ Did that make any sense?
I appreciate your blog, it’s inspiring!
March 8th, 2013 at 2:23 am
Hi, I’ve read some of your posts and, being a Christian myself, I just felt like I shouldn’t leave your blog without contributing something to it. Don’t worry though because I won’t try to preach or argue with you. I respect your opinion and beliefs, but I just have a few questions to ask:
How did you arrive at your interpretations?
How do you know you are right?
Do you believe in any God?
Have you been in a tragic/hopeless situation where there was nothing else you can do but hope and pray?
Or, have you ever prayed at all?
Have you inquired why some people keep on praying when their prayers are mostly unanswered?
Hoping for your response. =))