The problem with the world is that humans don’t believe they’re stupid. Obviously, we recognize that individual people can be stupid, but as a species, we believe we’re the closest thing in the universe to god. So our vanity blinds us to how stupid we really are. Then when we, as a species, screw up big time in a way that results in a spectacularly shameful human rights atrocity that doesn’t fit inside our Disney version of reality, our minds reverse engineer a mental trick to excuse and explain away the breach in the schema.
The excuse we tell ourselves is that bad luck and evil geniuses are responsible for all our problems. Everything bad in the world was perpetrated by the man, the terrorists, the NWO, the CIA, the FBI, the Illuminati, the communists, the socialists, the capitalists, the bourgeois, the Bilderberg Group, the church, the corporations, Big Government, Big Business, those people, etc., etc. We find it comforting, even necessary, to believe that if you trace any problem far enough it’ll always lead back to someone bigger, stronger and smarter than us.
And while it’s true there are people actively, consciously making decisions that will hurt others, they’re not the end of the rabbit hole because you have to ask why anyone is hurting anyone and why haven’t they been stopped yet by everyone else? The answer to both of those questions is that we’re just that dumb. We tell ourselves the smoking gun always leads to this:
…. when in reality it always leads to this:
We’re so dumb it doesn’t even make sense. We’re so dumb that a movie called “Dumb and Dumber” has a cult following. We’re so dumb our adult news channels look like children’s video games, and in many ways operate like them. The world has gotten bizarro dumb.The president of the country that has invaded the highest number of countries in recent history, and was complicit in the torture of a whistleblower who publicized human rights abuses, received the Nobel Peace Prize. The dumbest real-life characters on television right now are on Jersey Shore and C-Span. There are fictional characters who were consciously designed to embody idiocy who would make better presidents than recent real-life candidates. Even the caliber of those who inspire us to be better people has dropped to ironic levels. Our idea of what constitutes an idyllic suburban life has taken one step forward and two steps back. We’re so dumb that you can’t tell when we’re being serious or just joking. We’re so dumb we have to come up with conspiracy theories to make sense of the dumb fuck ups happening all around us. We have become the dark parody of ourselves we warned ourselves about.
Dumb is the norm. Dumb is cool. And a dumb culture bears dumb fruits. And that’s why all the bad things happen on every level of society. It’s not because of “them.” It’s because of us. We’re all the problem. Our dumb is our fail. Think about that next time you think about not donating to help create a free, universal education system.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
General Pop Culture
- 8 Ways pop culture warps our perception of reality
- Why you should boycott pop culture
- 10 signs you’re a sheeple
- 10 reasons you’re surrounded by idiots
- 13 things I won’t say anymore
- You might be depressed because the system is crazy, not because you are
- 20 problems Americans accept as normal but don’t have to
- 7 economic injustices we all accept
- Holding onto out cultures is holding the world back
- Recommended intelligent books and videos
- My theory on gun control
- Stop talking about guns and start talking about poverty
- My theory on illegal immigration
- Borders are inhumane
- 7 reasons minimum wage should be higher
- Is it lazy to not want to work?
- It’s time to stop guilt-tripping poor people into saving the environment
- The Global Warming Denier
- What are transsexuals? Why are they suddenly popular? Why do Conservative fear them?
- Should transsexuals be allowed in the military?
- 9 reasons not to join the united states military
- Patriotism is not a virtue. It’s insanity.
- American cops, you’re delusional if you don’t understand why civilians hate you
- Why are Americans so violent and unhappy?
- Stop treating people like shit and they’ll start giving a fuck
- Americans need to learn the difference between socialism, communism, and capitalism
- Why Obamacare made me facepalm
- Islam needs an intervention
- Never Forget Chick-Fil-A’s Inequality Appreciation Day
- It’s time to stop mutilating baby boys’ genitals
- Why you should not respect religious beliefs
- American Christians, you don’t believe or practice what the Bible says about marriage
- Are you a meta Atheists or pop Atheists
- A modest proposal on the moral imperative of teacher accountability
Movies, Music, and Television
- The world won’t improve until you stop being a vidiot
- Why the movie “Brave” made me facepalm
- Why the movie “Tomorrowland” made me facepalm
- Why did “Full House” and “Saved by the Bell” exist?
- 6 reasons not to let your children read/watch Twilight
- A basic Hollywood movie plot outline template
- A basic Hollywood sitcom episode plot template
- The Warhol Effect
- What is the difference between good art and bad art?
- Funny anthropomorphic illustrations of common dinners
- This Was Your Life: The modern artist (Comic)
- The importance of style
- Why men should wear nice underwear
- We need to talk about this pants situation
Food and Drinks
- What’s the difference between expensive wine and cheap wine?
- The time I worked in an apple orchard
- 5 reasons why I hate Starbucks
- The customer is not always right
- This Was Your Life: The Vegetarian (Comic)
- Cost/benefit analysis of internet trolling
- My opinion on online sharing
- 26 things I wish someone would invent
- Tips to follow when contacting your computer help desk
- Introduction to cryptocurrency
- The most important factor in the value of cryptocurrencies, and how it applies to STEEM
- Introduction to Steemit.com
- 9 reasons why writers should blog
- 11 things I learned about blogging from blogging on Myspace
- Highway to the Thunderdome: A Story about Digital Piracy (Comic)
Social Justice Warriors
- My theory on social justice warriors
- Two Feminist Ladies (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: The Radical Feminist (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: Two Social Justice Warriors (Comic)
Liberals and Conservatives
- An open letter to liberal Americast
- An open letter to conservative America
- What should Republicans and Democrats do about Trump?
- Conservatives, stop talking about overthrowing the government
- Right wing entertainment news is making America worse
- My theory on why Fox News acts so biased and evil
- This was your life: A liberal and a conservative (Comic)
- Two conservative ladies (Comic)
Baby Boomers and The Younger Generations
- 10 mistakes the future generation won’t make
- 14 ways American parents created the children they complain about
Racism and Xenophobia
- Hating white people isn’t logical or helpful
- Everyone is a little racist and what we should do about it
- A white man explains the Black Lives Matter movement
- What should racists do about Trump?
- What should xenophobes do about Trump?
- What should minorities do about Trump?
- This was your life: The racist (Comic)
- 9 reasons foreigners look down on Americans
Conspiracy Theories and Theorists
- My theory on every major conspiracy theory
- My ghost story
- My UFO story
- Have a sane perception of conspiracy theories
- Don’t give conspiracy theorists your money
- This Was Your Life: The conspiracy theorist (Comic)