If a society is nothing more than a large group of individuals, then the key to creating a Utopian society is to create a large group of Utopian individuals…
but if you can’t help an individual improve him/herself who doesn’t want to improve him/herself, then there’s no chance of helping a society of people who don’t want to improve themselves….
and if a person who does want to improve himself will do so with or without outside help, then a society of people who want to improve themselves will do so with or without outside help…
then if you don’t live in a Utopian society already, there’s a strong possibility it’s because the majority of people in your society don’t want to improve themselves. In which case, there’s little hope of your generation living to see Utopia…
and any chance your society has of improving its wants will be minimized as long as the majority of people in your society spend 3-6 hours per day watching and listening to commercials designed to make them crave fulfillment of the pettiest, self-serving, immediate desires humanity is capable of.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
Talk About Saving the World
- A grim letter from a Wise Sloth fan about the state of the world
- We need to talk about creating Utopia
- It’s time to stop guilt-tripping poor people into saving the environment
- Real life activism quest card deck template
- Occupy LOL Street: A For Anonymous (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Burden of Responsibility (Comic)
- Occupy LOL STret: The Constitutional Convention (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Guilded Age (Comic)
Be Better People
- 10 signs you’re a sheeple
- 10 reasons you’re surrounded by idiots
- The world won’t improve until you stop being a vidiot
- The world won’t get better until you stop being a consumer whore
- Why the world won’t change much on its own
- Holding onto out cultures is holding the world back
- Where do heroes come from?
- 4 reasons terrorism doesn’t work and 4 alternatives that do
- The world sucks because people are stupid. the solution is free online education.
- Occupy LOL Street: The Butterfly Effect (Comic)
Build a Better World
- My 1-point plan on how to save the world
- Sustainable monasteries could solve poverty, pollution and refugee crises
- Concrete modular floating islands could solve poverty, pollution and refugee crises
- Dear Generation X, please build a better world
- Conservatives, stop talking about overthrowing the government
- Secular, intellectual monastery designs
- How to build a concrete houseboat or island
- Occupy LOL Street: A Brave New Village (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Freedom Flotilla (Comic)
Feel free to leave a comment.