The thing that makes conspiracy theories difficult to understand is because they’re laced with truth, and it can be hard (even impossible) to discern the truth from the fantasy. For example:
- We know the US Air Force keeps its latest planes secret. So we know there are unidentified/identifiable flying aircraft in the world. But there’s no way to know if they’re really just American airplanes.
- It’s pretty well accepted that the WTO (World Trade Organization) gives loans to 3rd world countries but tie the loans with exploitative trade regulations and unmanageably high interest rates which keep 3rd work countries subservient to 1st world ones.
- It’s pretty well documented that the FDA allows poison to be put in our food. Hell, the FDA approved cigarettes for human consumption.
- It’s pretty well documented that Monsanto is copyrighting seeds, genetically engineering seeds, and putting small farms out of business through shady legal bullying.
- It’s pretty well documented that we don’t vote for the president. The electoral college does, but it tells us that it picked the one we wanted anyway, which is bullshit. They led the decision like a magician making you think you picked the card he wanted you to pick.
- It’s pretty well documented that NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) was created to allow big American companies to move their headquarters to Latin America to escape paying American taxes, following environmental protection laws, and paying realistic wages to its workers.
- It’s pretty well documented that No Child Left Behind has systematically destroyed the American education system and the lives of almost every child (particularly the poor ones) who grew up under this system.
- It’s pretty well documented that the industrial war complex is such an integral part of the American economy that in order for America to continue to prosper and enjoy its quality of living it must constantly be at war.
- It’s pretty well documented that the Federal Reserve exists solely to exploit the American taxpayers.
- It’s pretty well documented that the media is lying to you and instilling within you a false perception of reality. And the more you let your children watch television the more you let them become brainwashed with a false perception of reality that reduces them to a mindless consumer whore idiot.
- It’s pretty well documented that if you have a lot of money you can lobby politicians or support them (or threaten to support their opponent) with campaign contributions to get them to do whatever you want them to do. Thus, politicians all the world over really represent the will of their financial backers and not the irrelevant poor people. Thus, big business indirectly controls the world governments.
There are very real, very bad problems in the world people need to know about and that we need to do something about, but conspiracy theorists would have you believe our problems are caused by aliens or royal magicians out to destroy the world and create a demonic police state for their own dark, sadistic fetish-driven purposes, and they’ve been laying out this plan for generations upon generations, and everything that has ever happened has been a part of this one unifying, evil plan.
In reality, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. All the bad things happening in the world are the result of the fact that humans are instinct driven animals whose lives are devoted to fucking and fighting for resources. And when these animals become stronger, they fuck over more people. When several of these animals get real strong, they fuck each other over. In other words, Earth is a giant sanatorium in full riot condition. Most people don’t realize this and run around their whole lives like chickens with their heads cut off. Some people do realize it and that they can capitalize on it. So they fuck over whoever they can, however they can, for whatever they can. You don’t need a conspiracy theory for all this. It’s simple human nature.
But when people make up a conspiracy theory to tie it all together, they distract us from the real causes and the real solutions of these problems, ensuring they’re allowed to continue and grow. To make matters worse, the audience become slaves to the fear-mongering conspiracy theorist who is taking advantage of the fear he knows he can instill in them to keep them buying his videos and listening to his radio program. Thus, the conspiracy theorist is a member of the greedy class who is trying to exploit you.
Conspiracy theorists tell you to have faith in them without questioning because they’re tantamount to cult leaders who prey on the lost, scared, and gullible. They’re not trying to raise awareness. They don’t want to fix anything. They want the world’s problems to get worse and for us to do nothing about it other than keep buying their videos.
If you’re upset about the state of the world join a political activist group and not a pseudo-political science fiction cult.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
General Pop Culture
- 8 Ways pop culture warps our perception of reality
- Why you should boycott pop culture
- 10 signs you’re a sheeple
- 10 reasons you’re surrounded by idiots
- 13 things I won’t say anymore
- You might be depressed because the system is crazy, not because you are
- 20 problems Americans accept as normal but don’t have to
- 7 economic injustices we all accept
- Holding onto out cultures is holding the world back
- Recommended intelligent books and videos
- My theory on gun control
- Stop talking about guns and start talking about poverty
- My theory on illegal immigration
- Borders are inhumane
- 7 reasons minimum wage should be higher
- Is it lazy to not want to work?
- It’s time to stop guilt-tripping poor people into saving the environment
- The Global Warming Denier
- What are transsexuals? Why are they suddenly popular? Why do Conservative fear them?
- Should transsexuals be allowed in the military?
- 9 reasons not to join the united states military
- Patriotism is not a virtue. It’s insanity.
- American cops, you’re delusional if you don’t understand why civilians hate you
- Why are Americans so violent and unhappy?
- Stop treating people like shit and they’ll start giving a fuck
- Americans need to learn the difference between socialism, communism, and capitalism
- Why Obamacare made me facepalm
- Islam needs an intervention
- Never Forget Chick-Fil-A’s Inequality Appreciation Day
- It’s time to stop mutilating baby boys’ genitals
- Why you should not respect religious beliefs
- American Christians, you don’t believe or practice what the Bible says about marriage
- Are you a meta Atheists or pop Atheists
- A modest proposal on the moral imperative of teacher accountability
Movies, Music, and Television
- The world won’t improve until you stop being a vidiot
- Why the movie “Brave” made me facepalm
- Why the movie “Tomorrowland” made me facepalm
- Why did “Full House” and “Saved by the Bell” exist?
- 6 reasons not to let your children read/watch Twilight
- A basic Hollywood movie plot outline template
- A basic Hollywood sitcom episode plot template
- The Warhol Effect
- What is the difference between good art and bad art?
- Funny anthropomorphic illustrations of common dinners
- This Was Your Life: The modern artist (Comic)
- The importance of style
- Why men should wear nice underwear
- We need to talk about this pants situation
Food and Drinks
- What’s the difference between expensive wine and cheap wine?
- The time I worked in an apple orchard
- 5 reasons why I hate Starbucks
- The customer is not always right
- This Was Your Life: The Vegetarian (Comic)
- Cost/benefit analysis of internet trolling
- My opinion on online sharing
- 26 things I wish someone would invent
- Tips to follow when contacting your computer help desk
- Introduction to cryptocurrency
- The most important factor in the value of cryptocurrencies, and how it applies to STEEM
- Introduction to Steemit.com
- 9 reasons why writers should blog
- 11 things I learned about blogging from blogging on Myspace
- Highway to the Thunderdome: A Story about Digital Piracy (Comic)
Social Justice Warriors
- My theory on social justice warriors
- Two Feminist Ladies (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: The Radical Feminist (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: Two Social Justice Warriors (Comic)
Liberals and Conservatives
- An open letter to liberal Americast
- An open letter to conservative America
- What should Republicans and Democrats do about Trump?
- Conservatives, stop talking about overthrowing the government
- Right wing entertainment news is making America worse
- My theory on why Fox News acts so biased and evil
- This was your life: A liberal and a conservative (Comic)
- Two conservative ladies (Comic)
Baby Boomers and The Younger Generations
- 10 mistakes the future generation won’t make
- 14 ways American parents created the children they complain about
Racism and Xenophobia
- Hating white people isn’t logical or helpful
- Everyone is a little racist and what we should do about it
- A white man explains the Black Lives Matter movement
- What should racists do about Trump?
- What should xenophobes do about Trump?
- What should minorities do about Trump?
- This was your life: The racist (Comic)
- 9 reasons foreigners look down on Americans
Conspiracy Theories and Theorists
- My theory on every major conspiracy theory
- My unifying conspiracy theory
- My ghost story
- My UFO story
- Have a sane perception of conspiracy theories
- This Was Your Life: The conspiracy theorist (Comic)