Experience has taught me that you only have two options in life: 1. Kick life in the balls. 2. Get kicked in the balls by life.
Focus on what you’re doing, not what you want. You climb a mountain by taking steps, not by obsessively staring at the peak.
The fastest, easiest, best shortcut to climbing a mountain, still usually involves climbing a mountain.
Failure = practice.
Failing is practicing, and practicing is succeeding.
When you’re learning a skill, don’t worry about failing. Just worry about not quitting.
All things are possible to those who turn off the TV, get up off their ass, go do something and never quit.
Growing experiences tend to come with growing pains. Accept it. Embrace it. Get on with it.
If you’re going to spend the next hour or so feeling depressed about how empty and hopeless everything is, do it while exercising. #LifeHack
You can’t become a pro until you’ve made all the rookie mistakes.
The more mistakes you make doing something, the more qualified you become to master that thing.
Just because you haven’t done something doesn’t mean you can’t do that thing.
When you feel bored and uninspired, clean your house. You need to do it anyway. You have the time, and you’ll feel good about it afterward.
Whenever I fail at something, I imagine myself as a young Babe Ruth striking out.
If you do one thing all day, every day, it’s only a matter of time until you become professionally good at that thing.
Success requires energy. Does your lifestyle boost or drain your energy? There might be a correlation.
Sticking to a decision requires a reason, not willpower.
You can get your video game character to level 60 or your real self in real life to level 60. Pick one.
The best competitors show up to very few competitions you compete in. Sometimes bad competitors win because they’re the only people there.
We’re born with potential, not talent. Abnormally high talent comes only from abnormally frequent, persistent study and practice.
If you enjoyed these Tweets, you’ll also like these:
My Tweets About Self-Help
- #1: Happiness and sadness
- #2: Fulfillment, purpose, and meaning
- #3: Maturity, adulting and growing up
- #4: Being mean vs being nice
- #5: Arrogance and insecurity
- #6: Arguing with people
- #7: Excuses and complaining
- #9: Writing, art, and creativity
- #10: Eating, hydrating, exercise, stretching, and addiction
My Tweets About Romance
- #11: Love, relationships, and communication
- #12: Dating, cheating, exes, masturbation, oral sex and lust
My Tweets About Philosophy
My Tweets About Religion
My Tweets About Politics
- #17: The 2016 U.S. presidential election
- #18: Donald Trump’s presidency
- #19: Political corruption, incompetence, and voting
- #20: Political and economic freedom
- #21: Immigration, racism, and guns
- #22: Public education
- #23: Political reform
- #24: Police, prisons, and unjust laws
- #25: War, military, and troops
My Tweets About Economics
- #27: Poverty and poor people
- #28: Capitalism, Communism, and Socialism
- #29: Hurting customers and workers
- #30: Investing, real estate, and healthcare