If you enjoyed this comic, you’ll also like these:
How America Works
Short, dark, surreal, articulate political comics
- How presidential elections work
- How congressional elections work
- How political representation works
- How freedom works
- How equality works
- How gender equality works
- How veterans protesting works
- How civilians protesting works
- How protesting in tents works
- How the war on drugs works
- How government handouts work
- How basic training works
- How the officer corps works
- How becoming a billionaire works
- How the stock market works
- How bank greeters work
- How healthcare works
- How the housing market works
- How universities work
- Intervention with a Pop Star: Part 1
- Intervention with a Pop Star: Part 2
Occupy LOL Street
Thee LOL Cats join the Occupy LOL Street movement at Zucchini Park and find ways to address income inequality and corruption.
- A Brave New Village
- The Butterfly Effect
- A For Anonymous
- The People’s Party
- The Constitutional Convention
- The Plight of the Homeless
- The LOL Cats Save Christmas
- The Freedom Flotilla
- The Burden of Responsibility
- The Guilded Age
- The Wizard of LULZ
- Adventures in Lobbying
Two Conservative Ladies
A satirical take on conservative talking points
Two Feminist Ladies
The Adventures of Monk and Punk: Journey to Entlantis
A homeless monk and an alcoholic punk team up to create a publishing house to raise money to build a floating monastery.
- A Brief History of the Working Class
- The Ents: A Story About Marijuana Prohibition
- The Island of Mana: A Story About Colonialization
- Highway to the Thunderdome: A Story about Digital Piracy
- An imagined conversation with my abusive, narcissistic father
An Old Man From Jersey Explains Life
An old man sits on the steps to his apartment and explains life to an eight-year-old boy.
- The meaning of life
- How to grow up
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Is man inherently good or evil?
- Does everything happen for a reason?
- Does free will exist?
- The social contract
- Right and wrong
- How to think
This Was Your Life
Loki and a friend taunt the dead at the Pearly Gates to the Underworld
- A Christian Woman
- A Christian Man
- The Agnostic
- The Hedonist
- The Martyrs
- The Selfless Servant
- The Atheist
- The Mormon and the Hindu
- The Billionaire
- Spiritual But Not Religious
- The Faith Healer
- The Conspiracy Theorist
- The Racist
- The Nonconformist
- A Liberal and a Conservative
- The Modern Artist
- The Vegetarian
- The Satanist
- Barack Obama
- The Pope and The Dali Lama
- The Puritan
- The Homophobe
- The Radical Feminist
- The Jew
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump (Part 1)
- The Libertarian
- Bernie Sanders
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump (Part 2)
- Two Social Justice Warriors
- The Traffic Cop
- The Doctor
- The Trump Supporter
- The Global Warming Denier
Near an apple orchard, a little boy riding a tricycle is talking to a man in a business suit.
Man #1: Hey, kid.
Boy: What’s up, mister?
Man #1: I’ll pay you $1 if you pick me 10 bushels of apples.
Boy: Awesome! I’ll be Oprah rich!
Man #1: But first you’ll have to pay my friend here $300 to go to apple picking school.
Just then, another man walks up.
Boy: I can’t wait to learn about apples.
Man #2: You’ll probably learn more about your teachers’ lives… that and how to be poor. The second part will be surprisingly useful.
Boy: But I don’t have $300 to pay for apple picking school.
Just then, another man walks up.
Man #2: Don’t worry. My friend here likes to do favors for poor people. He can give you a loan.
Man #3: I don’t actually have $300 either, but I can create it out of thin air and let you “borrow” it. After interest, you’ll only owe me $700 of actual money that you actually have to work to make.
Boy: Here’s your 10 bushels of apples. It took half my life to gather. In that time I’ve watched seasons pass, friends die and nations fall. Yet I’m no closer to my dreams than when I started.
Man #1: Now pick me 11 bushels, and do it twice as fast or I’m only giving you 90 cents. I’m going to sell these for $100 a bushel to a country that doesn’t have apple trees. I’ll be so rich I’ll buy shit I don’t need just because I’m bored.
Boy: My rent is 95 cents. Fuck my life.
Boy: My retirement plan is death.
Man #2 and #3: Until then you’ll work for our friend and sign your paychecks over to us.
Man #1: Just be glad you didn’t take out a mortgage.
Feel free to leave a comment.