If you enjoyed this comic, you’ll also like these:
How America Works
Short, dark, surreal, articulate political comics
- How presidential elections work
- How congressional elections work
- How political representation works
- How freedom works
- How equality works
- How gender equality works
- How veterans protesting works
- How protesting in tents works
- How the war on drugs works
- How government handouts work
- How basic training works
- How the officer corps works
- How becoming a billionaire works
- How the economy works
- How the stock market works
- How bank greeters work
- How healthcare works
- How the housing market works
- How universities work
- Intervention with a Pop Star: Part 1
- Intervention with a Pop Star: Part 2
Occupy LOL Street
Thee LOL Cats join the Occupy LOL Street movement at Zucchini Park and find ways to address income inequality and corruption.
- A Brave New Village
- The Butterfly Effect
- A For Anonymous
- The People’s Party
- The Constitutional Convention
- The Plight of the Homeless
- The LOL Cats Save Christmas
- The Freedom Flotilla
- The Burden of Responsibility
- The Guilded Age
- The Wizard of LULZ
- Adventures in Lobbying
Two Conservative Ladies
A satirical take on conservative talking points
Two Feminist Ladies
The Adventures of Monk and Punk: Journey to Entlantis
A homeless monk and an alcoholic punk team up to create a publishing house to raise money to build a floating monastery.
- A Brief History of the Working Class
- The Ents: A Story About Marijuana Prohibition
- The Island of Mana: A Story About Colonialization
- Highway to the Thunderdome: A Story about Digital Piracy
- An imagined conversation with my abusive, narcissistic father
An Old Man From Jersey Explains Life
An old man sits on the steps to his apartment and explains life to an eight-year-old boy.
- The meaning of life
- How to grow up
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Is man inherently good or evil?
- Does everything happen for a reason?
- Does free will exist?
- The social contract
- Right and wrong
- How to think
This Was Your Life
Loki and a friend taunt the dead at the Pearly Gates to the Underworld
- A Christian Woman
- A Christian Man
- The Agnostic
- The Hedonist
- The Martyrs
- The Selfless Servant
- The Atheist
- The Mormon and the Hindu
- The Billionaire
- Spiritual But Not Religious
- The Faith Healer
- The Conspiracy Theorist
- The Racist
- The Nonconformist
- A Liberal and a Conservative
- The Modern Artist
- The Vegetarian
- The Satanist
- Barack Obama
- The Pope and The Dali Lama
- The Puritan
- The Homophobe
- The Radical Feminist
- The Jew
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump (Part 1)
- The Libertarian
- Bernie Sanders
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump (Part 2)
- Two Social Justice Warriors
- The Traffic Cop
- The Doctor
- The Trump Supporter
- The Global Warming Denier
A crowd of protesters are loitering in front of Wall Street. A policeman approaches the
One day on Wall Street…
What are you peopling doing here? Don’t you know it’s illegal for this many people to be in the
same place at the same time unless you’re buying something?
It’s cool. Don’t worry about it. We’re protesting against how billionaires have bought out the
government and used their backroom influence to create an unconscionable disparity of wealth
and power in this country.
The correct way to go about having your voices heard in government is to vote between two
candidates whose campaigns are financed by billionaires.
Believe me. We’ve tried that…with predictable results. That’s our point. Our voices aren’t being
heard in government. You think we want to be sleeping on the streets?
*sigh* fine. I’ll let you protest for a little while, but you have to do it quietly behind fences where
nobody will notice you.
…so we only have the freedom of speech as long as we speak in the most noncommittal way that
eliminates any leverage our voice could have?
It either that or get beat, tazed, maced, arrested, fined and saddled with a criminal record.
But we haven’t broken any laws!
We’ll cook up some excuse to arrest you.
So that’s the government’s official stance on people who protest against government corruption?
That shouldn’t surprise you. The billionaires you’re protesting against just donated 4.6 million
dollars to our police force, and the president and the mayor are both in bed with them.
That just underscores how important it is for us to be protesting. We’re not going anywhere.
Okay, but FYI, police are almost never held accountable for excessive use of force.
Meanwhile in living rooms across the country…
SCENE: A man is sitting on his couch in a poor looking house. Faux News Network is playing on
I’ll just watch a little television to take my mind off the fact that I’m unemployed and my house
is being foreclosed on…
The people responsible for the financial collapse have instructed us to inform you that pinheaded
anarchists are disturbing the peace on Wall Street. Hopefully, the police will teach those whiny
brats a lesson very soon.
Feel free to leave a comment.