Why isn’t it a federal law that Muslim women in America have to wear their burqas? Anyone can answer that. Separation of church and state. It’s not the government’s responsibility to enforce religious taboos with fines, jail time, or permanent criminal records. Plus, as far as the issue of enforcing the burqas go, every American knows that being able to wear what you want is such a basic human right that it should go without saying. That’s why Americans were so disgusted that the Taliban government in Afghanistan was forcing women to cover themselves.
But the majority of Americans don’t seem to feel any disgust for their own hypocrisy. If a woman walks down the street with no shirt on she’ll be arrested, fined and given a criminal record. Why? Is there a functional reason why a woman’s chest is dangerous? No. There’s just a religious taboo again’st women’s chests that’s enforced by law.
So much for basic human rights, freedom or separation of church and state. Ladies, next time you go to the beach take a marker and write this across your bathing suit top in big letters, “AMERICAN BURQA.”
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- Americans, you’re not represented in the 2012 presidential election
- 10 things Obama won’t change in his second term
- Why Obamacare made me facepalm
- This Was Your Life: Barack Obama (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The Wizard of LULZ (Comic)
The 2016 Presidential Election
- What I think of Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and Bernie Sanders
- Why it’s delusional to vote in America’s 2016 presidential election
- Everything wrong with America’s 2016 presidential primaries
- This Was Your Life: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Part 1 (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Part 2 (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: Bernie Sanders (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: The Trump Supporter (Comic)
- How to survive the Trumpocalypse
- Why did Americans vote for Trump?
- What will Trump do now that he’s president
- Why I’m glad Trump won
- How Trump changed my understanding of American politics
- 4 reasons Americans shouldn’t accept Trump as president
- Why won’t people just give Trump a chance?
- What should non-Americans do about Trump?
- What should Republicans and Democrats do about Trump?
- What should racists do about Trump?
- What should xenophobes do about Trump?
- What should rich people do about Trump?
- What should minorities do about Trump?
- Voting never has, and never will, save America
- If you want everyone to vote, then make voting work for everyone
- How presidential elections work (Comic)
- How congressional elections work (Comic)
- How political representation works (Comic)
Corruption and Election Reform
- How to end corruption in three steps
- 6 ways to improve the political nomination system
- 10 solutions to most of America’s problems
- 3 solutions that won’t change America, and 5 that will
- Occupy LOL Street: The Constitutional Convention (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: Adventures In Lobbying (Comic)
- Occupy LOL Street: The People’s Party (Comic)
- The 28th amendment
- My theory on gun control
- My theory on illegal immigration
- My theory on age-based accountability laws
- 5 reasons why prostitution should be legal
- 5 reasons to legalize gambling
- 8 reasons to legalize marijuana you’ve already heard
- Why stop with just making drugs illegal?
- 4 illogical arguments against polygamy
- Borders are inhumane
- How freedom works (Comic)
- How equality works (Comic)
- How gender equality works (Comic)
- How the war on drugs works (Comic)
- The Ents: A Story About Marijuana Prohibition (Comic)
- This Was Your Life: The Trafic Cop (Comic)
My Tweets About Politics
- #17: The 2016 U.S. presidential election
- #18: Donald Trump’s presidency
- #19: Political corruption, incompetence, and voting
- #20: Political and economic freedom
- #21: Immigration, racism, and guns
- #22: Public education
- #23: Political reform
- #24: Police, prisons, and unjust laws
- #25: War, military, and troops
- #26: Social justice warriors
Feel free to leave a comment.